I don’t know about the rest of you but when I was really young my mum would dress me for school. I didn’t even think about what I was putting on. The first time I got dressed for my self I was 5 and in my first year of school.
I wanted to wear a dress. I got out of bed, stripped down and put my dress on. As we were leaving my mum asked if I was ready. I said yes without even really thinking about it. “Have you got knickers on?” Again, without really thinking about what she said, I said yes so off we went.
As my mum walked away from me, and out of the school, I realised what she had asked me at home and what the answer should have been.
I walked in class balling my eyes out, and sat all awkward on the floor with the rest of the class. The teacher asked me what was wrong. “I don’t know” was my answer.
How could I say to my teacher, in front of the class, that I had forgotten to put underwear on?
The teacher just let me sit there crying while she taught whatever it was we learning. My friends were sitting around me asking me what was wrong. Of course I couldn’t tell them either.
By recess I had stopped crying and figured if I just lay low and didn’t move around to much no one would know. If it wasn’t for my so-called friend, Amanda I think her name was, it wouldn’t have been such a traumatic day. It was the first time I realised how horrible people can be.
After we ate our morning tea, Amanda and some other girls where doing dizzy wizzys. Of course I couldn’t join in. I sat on the bench next to them and watched. At least I tried to watch. That stupid cow, Amanda, said to me “If you don’t do it too you aren’t our friend anymore.” What was I meant to do? I said that I couldn’t and that I didn’t want to be there friend anyway. I can’t remember what the said but I walked off and looked at a huge Huntsman spider that was in some cubby house thing there.
When we went into class I had to sit next to her. She wasn’t being mean any more but I wanted revenge anyway. We were meant to be quiet while we worked so I put my hand up and told the teacher she was trying to talk to me and get the answers off me, thinking that she would get in trouble.
I must have “trouble maker” written all over me because I got in trouble for that. Stupid teacher. She tells the class to be quiet and when I say someone isn’t doing what she said I get the blame. I was told to pick up all my things and move the other side of the room if it was bothering me. Hmph. So I did. Well I tried. As I got up Amanda knocked my tin of pencils out my hand and sent them flying. I got in trouble for making noise.
I can never win.
No comments:
Post a Comment